On more than one occasion, when someone hands me my bag, they’d comment on how heavy it is. It’s not that I don’t want to travel light, it’s just that I don’t know what to cut out from what’s in my bag.
Here’s what I would usually have in my bag, on a normal day:
1. A wallet, bulging with receipts and various crap.
2. My phone
3. A wallet sized bag that holds at least 3 different types of wet wipes.
4. A pouch for lady items.
5. A small make up bag containing finishing powder, two trial sizes of blushes, a mini kabuki brush, a flat top brush, 3 different eye liners, a lip shimmer, a lip plumper and a comb.
9. A foldable umbrella
10. A pouch containing thumb drives, my 3G modem dongle and my internet banking dongle.
11. A mini hair brush.
12. At least 2-3 packets of tissues.
13. Various hair bands/scrunchies/clips
15. Work pass.
Everything but the notebooks and the tablet are usually packed into a bag organiser, so that I know where I can find my stuff easier than just digging through the black hole that is my bag.
Yes, I do have a lot of items in a tote bag. It’s gotten to the point where even Dude said it’s heavy on the odd occasion that he carries the bag for me when I have an aching shoulder.
So what do I remove? Or should I get a better bag? What do you think?