It hit me today that in 2011, I’ll be turning 30. Gah! I only turned 29 last September! While randomly blog-hopping, I found that there is something called The 30 Before 30 Project, where you make a list of things that you want to do before you’re 30.
Since I’m a big fan of lists and that my 30th birthday is only 9 months away, I’m going to make a list of things that I can do within the next 9 months. I just hope that it’s not too ambitious.
1. Roast a chicken properly.
2. Recreate the supposedly awesome green curry that I made once before.
3. Write a little every day, even if it’s just a sentence or two.
4. Read at least 10 previously unread books.
5. Go without caffeine for a day (and we all know that it’s is going to be awesomely difficult for me).
7. Print out some of the digital pictures that I’ve taken over the last five years.
8. Practice the ukulele more often to be at least not so horrible sounding when I play.
9. Pick up inline skating and get good enough to join the roller derby.
10. Spend a weekend museum hopping.
11. Take more pictures with family, friends and loved ones.
12. Complete at least one half-finished NDS game.
13. Spend a day at the Botanical Gardens to explore the gardens with a guide or guidebook.
14. Finish some the half read books in the pile.
15. Expand my reading genre to those that I would not normally read.
16. Learn how to sew, even if it’s just a tiny drawstring bag.
17. Bake a cake successfully.
18. Spend a day out with my girlfriends to catch up.
19. Go for a short holiday without the family, just friends.
20. Organise a tea party picnic with friends, complete with scones, nice teacups and dresses or skirts.
21. Learn to swim free style.
22. Go cycling/trekking at Pulau Ubin.
23. Make roast beef.
24. Have a steak made with love.
25. Send a friend a snail mail, just because.
26. Take a picture a day.
27. Start a Calisthenics programme for myself.
28. Go for a guided nature walk
29. 5 trade compilations of comics.
30. Have a Nerf war with a group of friends.