1. Borrow a book from the library.
2. Put the book on pile of your own books after you’re done with it with all intention of returning it the next day but you forget.
3. Clean up the house just before a big family gathering.
4. Forget where you kept the book because the pile of books where you thought you kept it is now a totally different pile.
5. Look for it but to no avail.
6. Totally forget that you have a library book missing in the house.
7. Try to look for it after a few months and then give up.
8. Have the book turn up mysteriously on the table after more than six months because apparently, it’s in between your sister’s books and she found it while she was looking through the pile for something to read, even though you’ve gone through that pile countless times and didn’t even see it there.
9. Return the book and pay the maximum fine of $25.
So the moral of the story is, keep your library books in a place that is very obvious and return the book as soon as you’ve finished reading it.
Technorati Tags: Life