I’m not sure about anyone else but family gatherings are something that I look forward to and yet, I dread at the same time. Let me tell you why.
In my family, gatherings like the one I had earlier today always involve loads of food. So many different kind of food that by the time everyone leaves, they’ll be filled to the gills and they even packed some of the food since there was so much left after the whole thing. It’s not a Malay family gathering without food enough to feed a whole village for a week.
An epic gathering usually happens when cousins come home for a visit. Especially when said cousins bring the newest addition to the family with them. When else are we going to meet the little tyke, since they’ll be moving to another continent next week. These gatherings are also great opportunity to catch up on the stuff going on in our lives.
However, the thing I hate most about family gatherings is that some nosy relatives think that just because their older, it gives them the right to say the following things:
1) “When’s your turn to get married?”
2) “I know this perfect guy for you. Are you interested?” (I was totally WTF! when that was asked.)
3) “You’re so old now, I think it’s time you get married.”
4) “Waaah! You’re so fat now!”
5) “You’ve been married for a while now and you’re not pregnant yet. Are you infertile?” (I wanted to punch that bitch for asking this to a family member.)
So you see why I hate family gatherings but at the same time look forward to it?
Technorati Tags: Life