I’m tired and I’m not up to writing every single detail of my trip. There’s too many and I think I might have forgotten about half of it anyway. To keep things simple and hopefully not too boring, here’s some highlights of the trip.
*The Great Wall of China : Even though I didn’t climb to the but I did manage to get to about three-quarters of the way to the second watch tower. If you’d have seen how steep the incline was, you’d understand why I stopped.
* Forbidden City: Too many red building that look the same. Too many people. Too fucking long, too fucking far. WTF! Was that a Starbucks in that place?
* Summer Palace: I can’t really remember much other than feeling like I just got off a plane after two hours of flight, an hour of transit, followed but another six hours of flight. Oh wait, I did just got off a plane after two hours of flight, an hour of transit, followed but another six hours of flight, when we went there!
* Tianen Men Square: Too far, dusty but not as crowded as I thought it would be.
* Shopping: The ladies that were on the same tour could have bought half of China if they had a mind to. It was scary yet fascinating to see them bargain and haggle over everything and most of the time they they come out with really, really good bargains. I on the other hand, do not have the same mad skillz and money like they do, so less spending for me.
* Irritating middle aged people who would. Not. Shut. Up. Especially when I’m trying to listen to the guide explain about the different historical sites. And the lame jokes? So fucking lame that it’s dead and decomposing on the side of the road.
* Food: The food was not bad, just slightly different from the Chinese food we get here but after four days of almost the same dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, just the thought of sweet and sour beef makes me want to puke. The tom yam and Bangkok though was heavenly.
So basically, that’s about it. Pictures might come soon. If I feel like it that is. Until then, I think I’m going to look for a nice little corner to curl up and catch up on lost sleep.